Custom Foot Orthotics, by a Chiropodist
Perform, Protect, Recover… Better
A custom made foot orthotic will insert into (almost) any shoe to alleviate foot discomfort and support foot function in those over 4 years of age. They can also assist to alleviate discomfort of the knees, hip and back.
Innovative casting technique
We use a 3D occipital light scanner to cast the foot in a non-weight bearing position. This is the gold standard position to capture the image of the foot. This results in an orthotic that is 100% custom to your foot and your needs.
Comprehensive Biomechanical and Gait Analysis
You may still need orthotics even if you do not currently have pain. Book an assessment with our chiropodist to see if you are a good candidate for orthotic therapy
Questions to ask your insurer:
- Who can write the prescription for orthotics? (Insurance companies will typically accept a medical doctor, chiropodist or podiatrist’s prescription.)
- What methods of casting are accepted?
- What is the dollar value and percentage value of coverage for orthotics?
- How often does the coverage renew and does it renew after a 12 month period or every calendar year?
The following documents will be provided to you upon dispensing of the orthotics:
- ●Biomechanical assessment and gait analysis report
- ● Prescription provided by our Chiropodist
- ● Letter detailing casting method, diagnosis, prognosis and any additional relevant details
- ● Orthotic lab invoice
- ● Receipt for orthotic purchase from the clinic
While most insurance companies allow for direct billing of routine visits, they typically require the patient to pay upfront for custom orthotics and then submit these documents manually in order to be eligible for re-imbursement.
- Cost of assessment by Chiropodist $75.00
- The cost of casting, orthotic devices, dispensing and follow up visits: $500.00
- A non refundable deposit of $100.00 is due when the orthotics are ordered. This will be deducted from the total cost of $500.00 upon payment in full/after services completely rendered and orthotics are dispensed.